Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NOTHING GOES RIGHT IN MY LIFE!!

Complaints:
A sure fire way to get every one's attention on you.
Now stop being five and grow up.


Now I am not going to sit here and say I never complain. 
Because I do, we all do. Little complaints aren't what this blog is about.
This blog is about the constant negativity I see on Facebook. 
People constantly putting up statuses that do nothing but complain. 
 I can think of 3 friends off the top of my head who do it all the time.
If you go to their pages, every status you can see is a complaint. 
Even if it is something you'd think they would be excited about, 
like a promotion, the weekend, or ice cream
they find a way to complain about it. 
The negativity amazes me. 

Now I'm not saying "don't ever be negative!" 
That is not possible. 
As human beings we need to let out frustration
Facebook is a great way to do that, 
It ends up with you getting the support, pity, love, 
or what ever else you're looking for from your friends
But when it's all you do and write about
We've got a problem. 

The problem is that people in our society seem to have forgotten how to be happy. 
Being happy is NOT about getting everything you want.
In my case, all I want is to be with Jonathan. 
While I do get bitter when I hear people complain 
People get to see their significant other every week, 
or even a few times a month, 
it only makes me more miserable 
if I focus on the fact that I don't get that. 
If I pay attention to every facebook post about 
"Why did _____ have to go to work?"
or "I haven't seen ____ all day :(" 
I will just go crazy. 
It will not change the fact that I don't get to see him.

Instead of focussing on the negative, find the positive. 
Me for example: 
I've finally figured out that Jonathan and I aren't 
going to see each other for over 6 months after this July. 
Now I could do plenty of bitching about that on facebook
but instead I have told myself this: 
"Think about how much more excited I'll be to see him after 6 months"
It will be the best day of my year by far when I see him
While that wasn't my initial reaction, 
I CHOSE to react that way in the long run. 
That's what it comes down to. 
Happiness is a choice. 
So for those of you CONSTANTLY
complaining about work, the military, or school. 
you are miserable because of you,
not because of life.

(again this is not about little complaints, or statuses that complain once in a while. 
I think that is a GOOD thing, every one needs to let out frustrations
so long as you don't let those frustrations take over your life) 


"It doesn't matter how long we may have been stuck in a sense of our limitations. If we go into a darkened room and turn on the light, it doesn't matter if the room has been dark for a day, a week, or ten thousand years -- we turn on the light and it is illuminated. Once we control our capacity for love and happiness, the light has been turned on"
- Sharon Salzberg

1 comment:

  1. Keep your chin up, girl! There's definitely a difference between a good ol' vent sesh and just incessantly complaining. Don't let other people's lack of optimism deter your good mood!

    P.S. My boyfriend and I did long distance for three years and dealt with an eight month deployment. If you need any advice or someone to talk to, feel free to message me! Hope you have a great rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete