Sunday, July 8, 2012

Getting Crafty.

One of the ways I decided to pass the time this summer, 
is to go a little craft crazy. 
My most recent craft was one I found on Pinterest
Gotta love that site! 


The board says 
"Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. 
It is for those who know a good thing when they see it, 
even if they don't see it enough." 
And the heart is right where Topeka is. 
Aww, oh so cheesy! 


I started out with an ordinary board I got form Home Depot
And drew the shape of Kansas on it 
Then nailed, nailed, nailed away. 
(am I the only dirty minded one who laughed at that sentence?) 



Then I decided that the outside needed a coat of white paint, 
and the heart needed red. 
Then I slowly realized that the thread I had chosen 
blended right in with the board. 
So I went and picked a new thread. 
And this is the end result. 

I have to say I felt like quite the boss. 
I made something creative and girly, 
But I hammered in about 40 nails.

I also framed all the plane tickets from the last 2 years that I have,
(which is just about every one. pathetic? Probably.) 
along with any other pictures or things I have of us
I also found a flier for the dance we met at! 
Didn't even know I had one till I moved!


No comments:

Post a Comment