Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sometimes...

Sometimes I wish I had never left home
Never gone to Sonoma
Stayed in Sacramento
I wish I still got that 
"aww I'm home!" 
feeling when I got into Sac
Not into RP 

Sometimes I wish I weren't dating a Coastie
Not because I don't love him
but because it means moving further away
which means my family moving on without me
as my sister put it 
"well you're moving on with out us, 
you're leaving us behind, 
what else are we supposed to do?"

Sometimes I wish I had never left home
then there are all the other times. 
All the times I am so happy I did
I've experienced more life
learned more and done more
than most of the people who stayed behind in Sac
I've been forced to grow up
I mean really grow up
No running to mom and dad's house as a safe place
no running to mom and dad for help
no being catered to
not that i'm all grown up, i've still got a looong way to go

Sometimes I wish I had never left home.
Then there are all the other times.

No comments:

Post a Comment