Sunday, August 28, 2011

Not so long ago...

 (chubby freshman Emily Halloween '08 with the roomie Corie)

This year is the first year that I actually feel older than the freshman. 
It seems strange to think back on Freshman year. 
That first few days, how empty I felt when my mom and dad left.
I put on a smile and went along with every one else
"I'm so excited to be here and away from mom and dad."
But every night I cried myself to sleep. 

It is insane to think of how much has changed sense then. 
I can tell how much I've grown up. 
While I don't think I'm done growing, 
and know I have a lot to learn
I can't help but feel proud of myself for all the changes I've made
and things I've accomplished in the last 3 years. 

Accomplishment number 
one: 3.4 GPA
now, IDK if any of you know this, 
(because it's not something I brag about) 
but freshman year it was a miracle I wasn't kicked out
My GPA was less than a 1.0... that's right, less than a 1.0
But now, just two years later, I pulled it up to a 3.4
my counselor told me he would have looked at my transcript freshman year
and assumed that I would have just dropped out or been kicked out

two: lost nearly 60 pounds
blah blah blah
you all know the story

three: managed to land 3 jobs
Yup, after not giving up and applying to over 150 places
BAM I get three jobs all within a 5 month period. 
I guess hard work pays, doesn't it?

I'm sure there are more things,
but those are the ones that stand out to me the most right now

Aaany way. Just wanted to take a second to say 

to all you freshman:
GO TO CLASS. 
Have fun and remember, 
you get to choose who you are friends with
you're not stuck with the same people
if some one is treating you like crap, 
flush 'em down the toilet. 

To all you Seniors: 
We are almost there!
We can almost taste it!
Just don't loose focus and we'll do great!

(older skinnier and blurrier Emily with the new roomie Sonya!! <3)

No comments:

Post a Comment