Friday, August 10, 2012

Notes To Freshman Emily

~Don't worry about your weight
you'll loose it in about a year and a half, 
and even if you don't love your curves the way they should be loved! 

 (Before)
(after)

~Find healthy foods you like, not just junk

~ Don't be scared to try new things, that's what college is all about. 

~Audition for the musical, 
who cares if you "can't" sing? 
You love it, and that's all that matters. 

~Don't be afraid to meet new people, they won't bite. 

~Don't let people take advantage of you, be smart, 
if it feels like they are taking advantage, then they are.

~Go to class no matter the allure of skipping

~PLEASE join clubs on the first day, 
I know you're overwhelmed, 
I know you're scared, 
but trust me, it will make meeting people easier

~Don't hang out with the same people you knew before college all the time. 
I know that seems tempting because they are your best friends, 
but again, if you branch out you'll meet new people. 

~Talk during class, make friends with the people around you

~Sign up for the adventures offered through SSU, 
even though some of them sound lame, 
take advantage while you have the chance.

~Go to class, even on the super sunny days when no one else does

~Dress for your body, find clothes that make you feel like a million bucks

~Don't make new friends and spend the entire time 
scared they will wake up one day 
and realize you are pathetic and ditch you. 
Know you're worth it.

~Don't spend time with people who make you feel worse about yourself.

~Don't waist time on people who don't treat you the way you deserve to be treated

~Go to class no matter what fun thing is calling you.

~Utilize the library. 
I know it seems like it's no different than studying alone in your room, 
but something magical happens at the library, 
and you will get s*** done. 

~Don't get sic of the caff food, 
believe it or not there will be a day you'll miss it 
and will pay $9 to go in and get it again.

~Go to class every day, 
because how good will it feel when you can say
"I didn't miss a single class" 
(Something unheard of at SSU)

The most important thing I would tell my 18 year old,
freshman year self is,
to go to class, 
and gain self confidence. 
If I had done those things,
my entire year would have been different,
heck, my entire college experience would be. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about skipping class! It seems awesome at the time, but once I have to listen to a 2 hour maths lecture online I totally regret it!

    ReplyDelete