Friday, June 22, 2012

Home is Where the Heart is....

Yesterday I was talking on the phone to my daddy, 
who is wonderful at giving advice, 
seriously, you ever need to know what to do?
go to that daddy of mine
I was finally expressing to him how I feel about Ro Po,
the town I'm going to school in,   
The truth is, I hate it here most of the time, 
and I've hated it here most of my college career. 
 Mah Pop and I at a baseball game. <3

Not to say I don't love my friends
Because trust me, 
I do. 
With out them I can honestly say
I would have dropped out
or else killed myself or some one else
They are all truly incredible, 
and are the reason I've made it through the last 4 years
Especially all my English friends, 
They got me through this last year
Don't know what I would have done with out them. 
Our drinking habits helped a bit too..
and our weekly Pub meeting 

Enough side tracking! 
My dad and I were talking about home
and with his help, 
I came to realize my home is a strange one. 
You see, my home I grew up in, 
doesn't feel like "home" 
it hasn't for a while now, 
and that's because it's not. 
I've been moved out for 4 years. 

So next is Rohnert Park, 
It doesn't exactly feel like home either
because it is so temporary 
I'll be leaving in a year. 
This was never the final stop for me and I've know that all along
I've got bigger plans than Ro Po can contain. 
Last was Topeka
Topeka, Topeka, Topeka, 
I have such a strange relationship with that town
It is the town that constantly takes Jonathan away
It is in the state of Kansas, 
always a favorite state of mine, 
100% because of Wizard of Oz


And yet, when I am there I am happier than I knew possible. 
Then I realized, It's not Topeka that is home.
Topeka doesn't make me happy
Topeka doesn't make me feel comfortable
and free to be myself
free to embrace the good and the bad, 
warm and fuzzy in that tummy of mine
But the man who lives there, 
Jonathan, 
Jonathan Michael Ewing is my home. 

“Home wasn't a set house, or a single town on a map.
 It was wherever the people who loved you were, 
whenever you were together. 
Not a place, but a moment, and then another, 
building on each other like bricks to create a solid shelter 
that you take with you for your entire life, 
 wherever you may go.”
-Sarah Dessen

No comments:

Post a Comment